Eurobodalla has secured a unique opportunity to develop an integrated arts, sports and community and tourism precinct through the purchase of a landmark site in Batemans Bay.
Council is planning to develop, with funding from the NSW and Australian Governments, a brand new multi-purpose indoor aquatic and arts precinct. The concept plans developed for the purpose of seeking grant funding to build the facility, include:
A regional aquatic program and leisure centre with facilities for all ages and for locals and visitors, with
- 25m by 8 lane indoor heated pool
- 17m by 10m warm water program pool for a wide range of aqua therapy and fitness classes, with spa and access ramps
- Toddlers and leisure pool with suitable depth for learn to swim classes
- A water play splash pad with interactive water features
- Tower and waterslides
- Gymnasium, fitness program rooms and wellness area
An arts and cultural centre with
- A large flexible, flat floor auditorium with retractable seating for 500 people
- Gallery/exhibition space
- Rehearsal / dance studio / music room
- Wet and dry arts workshop spaces
- Meeting and multi-purpose rooms and amenities
The facility will also include a shared foyer space, visitor information services and a café and retail space.
Council will also soon be seeking expressions of interest from the private sector to develop a range of other uses in the precinct, potentially including conference and events facilities, restaurants and cafes, tourist accommodation and residential accommodation.
It is envisioned that the new precinct will greatly enhance the area as a cultural and arts tourism destination, with a significant positive flow-on to local businesses.