Moruya Airport is a vital gateway for businesses and residents and provides social, medical and economic links to Sydney and beyond. With scheduled affordable 50 minute flights, face-to-face business in Sydney has never been easier.
In 2016, Council was successful in attracting funding commitments from the NSW and Australian Governments of $7.1 million to which Council will add $2.5 million for the airport redevelopment.
Works commenced in January 2017. The funding will be used to build the infrastructure needed for future passenger and business growth at the airport. This includes:
- improvements to the airport terminal
- runway surface upgrades and lighting upgrades
- water and sewer infrastructure to support expanded business and tourism opportunities
- improved road access
- provision of three-phase power
- improved passenger and aircraft parking facilities
- additional aviation hangars